- Practice Areas
Sammis Law Firm, P.A. - Overview
Practice Areas - Types of Cases
Sammis Law Firm, P.A., is a full service criminal defense firm, conveniently located in downtown Tampa. The firm represents clients charged with misdemeanor and felony criminal offenses throughout the Tampa Bay Area including Hillsborough County, Pinellas County, Polk County, Pasco County, and Hernando County, Florida.
Our attorneys belong to the following organizations:
- the Hillsborough Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (HCACDL);
- the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL);
- the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL); and
- NORML Legal Committee.
With more than 28 years of combined experience, we take a scholarly approach to fighting criminal charges by using cutting edge legal research techniques and filing innovative motion that win difficult cases.
What Sets Us Apart? We Focus Exclusively on Criminal Defense
Some attorneys consider themselves to be a "Jack-of-All-Trades." These attorneys take family law cases, personal injury cases, and everything else in between. When the opportunity presents itself, they take criminal cases.
At the Sammis Law Firm, P.A., we focus exclusively on criminal defense. We do not take any other kinds of cases that are not directly related to protecting our client against criminal charges. This focus allows us to stay ahead of recent changes in the law. It allows us to be in the courtroom everyday negotiating with prosecutors, arguing motions in front of the judges, and asking jurors to return a "not guilty" verdict.
The Initial Consultation with a Tampa Criminal Defense Attorney
At the Sammis Law Firm, P.A., we know that your time is valuable. If you or a loved one has been arrested and charged with a felony or misdemeanor crime, this is a very stressful time. Once you have recovered from the initial shock after the arrest, a new stress is added when you start the process to find the best attorney to defend you against the accusation.
Most attorneys offer free consultations. Take advantage of this service. Before making a decision, you should speak with several different attorneys until you find an attorney that has the necessary education, training, and experience that that particular type of criminal case. Find an attorney with both exceptional credentials and the willingness to give your case the time and attention that it deserves.
Find out if the attorney that conducts the initial consultation will actually represent you throughout the case, or merely pass your case to a less experienced associate. All of the attorneys at our firm are experienced and tested trial attorneys.
Make sure that before you pay the attorney, that you get a written fee agreement which sets out all of the terms of the representation so that their are no surprises. At the Sammis Law Firm, P.A., we provide each of our clients with a detailed fee agreement that is signed by the attorney that will handle the case from beginning to end.
We strive to provide a high level of personal service. When you call our office we can schedule a consultation over the phone or in our office. Many clients prefer to speak with the attorney over the phone about their case before scheduling an free office consultation.
Finding the Best Criminal Defense Lawyer for Your Particular Case
During the consultation you should accomplish several goals:
- Discuss the facts your case to determine what defenses can be used at trial or during pre-trial negotiations.
- Learn what you may need to do immediately to protect all of your rights.
- Discuss collateral issues that are effected by your arrest, such as concerns about your family, employment, driving license, and criminal record.
- Learn more about what you can expect during the time your case is pending, including which alternative sentencing options and diversion programs might be available (where the charges are dropped after you successful complete certain conditions).
- Discuss how the courts and prosecutors in your particular division typically handle similar charges and how aggressively pursuing pre-trial motions could lead to a dismissal of the charges.
- Discuss exactly what the fees will be for your case, and what fee arrangements are available.
- Get the information you deserve so that you can have all the time and space needed to make an informed decision.
Contact us today for a phone or office consultation with an experienced Tampa criminal lawyer. Feel free to review our website to get more information about the services we provide. You can also complete an online form in the contact us section of our website requesting that an attorney contact you to answer your questions. If you need an experienced and aggressive attorney for your case then contact the Sammis Law Firm, P.A. We can begin your defense today.
Last updated by Jason D. Sammis on Tuesday, April 29, 2014.