- Practice Areas
Sammis Law Firm, P.A. - Overview
Criminal Defense Cases
Sammis Law Firm, P.A., is a full service criminal defense firm, conveniently located in downtown Tampa. The firm represents clients charged with misdemeanor and felony criminal offenses throughout the Tampa Bay Area including Hillsborough County, Pinellas County, Polk County, Pasco County, and Hernando County, Florida.
We take a scholarly approach to fighting criminal charges by using cutting edge legal research techniques and filing innovative motion to suppress evidence or dismiss the charges.
What Sets Us Apart? We Focus Exclusively on Criminal Defense
Some attorneys take family law cases, personal injury cases, and everything else in between. When the opportunity presents itself, these attorneys might take a criminal defense case.
At the Sammis Law Firm, P.A., we focus exclusively on criminal defense. We do not take any other types of cases that are not related to protecting our client against criminal charges. This focus allows us to stay ahead of recent changes in the law. It allows us to be in the courtroom everyday negotiating with prosecutors, arguing motions in front of the judges, and asking jurors to return a "not guilty" verdict.
The Initial Consultation with a Tampa Criminal Defense Attorney
At the Sammis Law Firm, P.A., we know that your time is valuable. If you or a loved one has been arrested and charged with a felony or misdemeanor crime, this is a very stressful time. Once you have recovered from the initial shock after the arrest, a new stress is added when you start the process of finding the best attorney for your particular case.
Most attorneys offer free consultations. Take advantage of the free consultation to schedule an office consultation. Before making a decision, you should speak with several different attorneys until you find an attorney that has the necessary education, training, and experience for that particular type of criminal case. Find an attorney with both exceptional credentials and the willingness to give your case the time and attention that it deserves.
Find out if the attorney that conducts the initial consultation will actually represent you throughout the case, or merely pass your case to a less experienced associate. All of the attorneys at our firm are experienced and tested trial attorneys.
Make sure that before you pay the attorney, that you get a written fee agreement which sets out all of the terms of the representation so that their are no surprises. At the Sammis Law Firm, P.A., we provide each of our clients with a detailed fee agreement that is signed by the attorney that will handle the case from beginning to end.
We strive to provide a high level of personal service. When you call our office we can schedule a consultation over the phone or in our office. Many clients prefer to speak with the attorney over the phone about their case before scheduling an free office consultation.
Finding the Best Criminal Defense Lawyer for Your Particular Case
During the consultation you should accomplish several goals:
- Discuss the facts your case to determine what defenses can be used at trial or during pre-trial negotiations.
- Learn what you may need to do immediately to protect all of your rights.
- Discuss collateral issues that are effected by your arrest, such as concerns about your family, employment, driving license, and criminal record.
- Learn more about what you can expect during the time your case is pending, including which alternative sentencing options and diversion programs might be available (where the charges are dropped after you successful complete certain conditions).
- Discuss how the courts and prosecutors in your particular division typically handle similar charges;
- Learn more about the benefits of filing viable motions to suppress or motions to dismiss;
- Discuss exactly what the fees will be for your case and what fee arrangements are available.
- Get the information you deserve so that you can have all the time and space needed to make an informed decision.
Contact us today for a phone or office consultation with an experienced Tampa criminal lawyer. Feel free to review our website to get more information about the services we provide. You can also complete an online form in the contact us section of our website requesting that an attorney contact you to answer your questions.
If you need an experienced and aggressive attorney for your case then contact the Sammis Law Firm, P.A. We can begin your defense today.
Last updated by Jason D. Sammis on Monday, September 15, 2014.